What is jQuery?
Following are the Main Features of jQuery
- HTML/DOM manipulation: jQuery simplifies the syntax for manipulating and selecting the DOM elements and HTML documents traversing.
- Utility function like features detection.
- Event handling: jQuery offers several simple and effective ways to represent number of events.
- Animations: jQuery offers a number of built-in features for animation which can be used for creating animation effects on your website.
- Browser support: jQuery is supported by all modern browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera and Firefox.
- AJAX support: Using AJAX jQuery methods you can directly load external data into selected HTML elements of your web page.
- Lightweight: jQuery is a lightweight library which can be easily used and zipped.
- jQuery supports CSS3 selectors and XPath Syntax also.
- Lightweight: It is very lightweight programming language designed to create web based applications.
- Client side Scripting language: Client-side Scripting language means client browsers execute it locally, program run in a web browser of a client’s computers.
- Other features like functions, methods, loops, variables, arrays, operators and objects.
Web Based Application Creation